Reading marathon and cinema evening
Monday 12th October 2009
Launched last 18th June at the Louis Notari Library, the reading marathon gives literature enthusiasts the opportunity of meeting together to enjoy the selection chosen by the Prince Pierre of Monaco Foundation’s Literary Council for its “Bourse de la Découverte”.
Readers are asked to read the selection then hand in forms on which they write down their comments. They then have the opportunity of experiencing a unique moment - a sort of crowing achievement for their summer work: meeting the authors selected for the Bourse de la Découverte on Monday 12th October at 3.30 p.m. at the Louis Notari Library.
This year the Literary Council selected the following writers:
· Frédéric CIRIEZ – Des néons sous la mer, Verticales, August 2008
· Marie DELOS – L’immédiat, Seuil, January 2009
· Olivia ELKAIM – Les graffitis de Chambord, Grasset, September 2008 (Bourse Thyde Monnier)
· Elsa FLAGEUL – J’étais la fille de François Mitterrand, Julliard, January 2009
· Gaspard-Marie JANVIER – Le dernier dimanche , Mille et une nuits, March 2009
· David THOMAS – La patience des buffles sous la pluie, Bernard Pascuito, February 2009
Another highlight of the event: a film screening at 9 p.m. at the Théâtre des Variétés by the Audiovisual Archives. A partner of the Prince Pierre Foundation for several years, the Archives have decided to dedicate an evening to Jacques Perret this year by screening the film “Le Caporal épinglé” (adaptation by Jean Renoir).
The Prince Pierre Foundation winners will be announced on Tuesday 13th October 2009 in the Salle Garnier.